After nine years, work on fencing the boundary of our croft (and divisions between fields) is at last nearing completion
Here, where the fence between Bothy Field and High Field meets the west boundary fence, there’s –
- 1 No 6in x 6in straining post (the long upper length still to be cut down, now that the temporary holding-down wire has been cut away)
- 3 No 4in x 4in struts – or rather there will be three of them, the third has now to be retro-fitted.
- 21 No 3.1mm plain wires of galvanized high tensile steel
- 12 No 2.5mm plain wires of galvanized high tensile steel
- also 3 hold-down wires, 5 buried anchor and reaction posts, 33 t-clip gripples, 35 medium gripples, 12 egg insulators, 12 ring insulators …
It ain’t pretty … but then it doesn’t need to be – it just needs to work!
Which it should do, with all the work I’ve put into it!
Unfortunately, as soon as I’ve finished the new fencing – some time next year, I have to set about replacing all the fencing at Eight Askernish – which will probably won’t be fully complete until the year after : I just can’t afford the time to focus exclusively on a single job until it is finished.