This policy sets out how we collect, store and process personal data about you when you use or interact with our websites –
- https://uistselfcateringcottages.scot [Uist Self Catering]
- https://carrickeriskay.scot [Carrick Eriskay
- https://eightaskernish.scot [Eight Askernish]
- https://biggarden.scot [The Big Garden]
This policy covers all users of the websites, individuals who make a booking or are members of the your party, or subscribe to our blogs.
We are, jointly, the data controller for the personal data collected through our websites.
How we collect data
- When you provide it to us through the use of our websites
- By contacting us via phone and providing us with your information
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Your name, address, phone number, email address
- Self-catering rentals only : Name (and, for children, age) of others in your party, if any
- Self-catering rentals only : Details of the booking, including any changes made : Property details ; Date of arrival ; Duration
- Correspondence between us, including notes made on telephone calls between us.
- Your contributions (comments, images) to our blogs
- Information relating to your visit to our websites, which may include your IP address, location data, information about the device you are using to access the site, what pages you have viewed and at what time you viewed them.
Cookies are small files that are typically created when you visit a website and are stored in the cookie directory of your computer. There are two types of cookie; Persistent and Session-Specific. Persistent cookies are used to collect non-personal data about how the site is being used. Session-Specific cookie are used to enable you to navigate around the bookalet site and use its functionality without having to constantly re-enter your username and password.
You have control over what cookies to accept by changing the settings on your browser to either accept or reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. Further information can be found at: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/
We use your data to :
- enable you to make and pay for your rental of our self-catering holiday accommodation.
- enable you to select and purchase goods and services offered on our websites
- enable you to subscribe to and unsubscribe from our blogs
- improve our business and website.
- fulfil our contractual and legal obligations.
Disclosure of information to 3rd parties
We will only disclose your data to the extent it is necessary to run our business and provide you with the services you require.. We will provide your personal data and information to the following entities whose services are integrated into our websites.
If we buy or sell the business or any business assets we may disclose your personal data in order to effect the transaction.
We will also disclose your personal data where required to do so by law or to enforce our own legal rights.
How long do we retain your data
We only retain your personal data for as long as necessary.
In relation to bookings of self catering properties : seven years from the date on which you leave the property, or cancel the booking.
In relation to purchases : seven years from the date on which you paid in full for your purchases.
In relation to subscription to our blogs : until you cancel your subscription.
In relation to contributions to our blogs : For as long as our blogs continue in publication.
Security of personal data and Information
We take appropriate and proportionate organisational and technical measures to secure your personal information and data and to protect it against unlawful use and/or accidental loss. All data is held on secure servers with access limited to account holders and authorised internal staff. All data transfers are encrypted using Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology.
You may request us to provide you with any personal information and data we hold about you. Provision of this information is subject to you providing us with appropriate evidence of your identity.
You also have the following rights with regards to your personal data:
- the right to have your information corrected
- the right to have your information removed
- the right to restrict processing of your information
- the right to object to processing of your information
- the right to receive your information in a portable format
- the right to complain to a supervisory authority
In the UK, the supervisory authority is the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO).
Please visit: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/
Please address correspondence to:
The Data Controller
Jonathan and Denise Bridge
An Garradh Mor, Cille Bhrighde
Uibhist a Deas HS8 5TT
Alternatively, you can telephone us on: 01878 700828